Monday, January 9, 2012

Gold Coast - Part 2

One should not leave the Gold Coast without exploring its waters so thats exactly what we did. We booked for deep-sea fishing and whale watching on two separate dates. The fishing was not that exciting as I expected because as soon as the boat stopped in the middle of the sea I got really sick. It felt like my stomach is gonna come out and luckily I did not have breakfast that morning so I just vomitted water. But still it was awful. Also we don't have any pictures of the fishes the editor caught. Yes he did catch a couple. An average sized brim and small red emperor. Not bad huh?! Below are some of the fishing photos.


All aboard!

Leaving the pier now.


View of Surfers Paradise metres away from the sea.
Two days after we did the deep-sea fishing we head to the sea again for whale watching! I did not get sick this time. I made sure of it by taking sea-sick pills and it worked! I enjoyed the journey back and forth but most of all, to witness an awesome creature out in the sea is epic. The anticipation itself that anytime soon they might jump up or blow is a great feeling. Also, we were lucky to do it this time of the year since the whales are on their return journey back to the Antarctic after having been up north having babies. Have a look at some amazing pictures.

The boat departs the wharf located behind the Vibe Hotel/Titanium Bar,
42 Ferny Ave Surfers Paradise.

Thats a whale's blow. We need to get closer!

Our first sighting was this giant's tail. Awesome!

And not long after, another one showed up.

Time to breath!
 
This is the closest they came to the boat.

It's always fun to swim in pairs.
 

Or in three's

Aren't they amazing creatures?
 
I'm gonna ride the superduck next time I visit the Gold Coast.

I've always wanted to ride in this jetboat.

See the splash?

More splash!

Whatta ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment